((lambda (x) (x x)) (lambda (x) (x x)))

Friday, September 12, 2008

SYA710 Lab 01 Thoughts

SYA710 Lab 01 has been submitted, and mostly felt like review for me. A lot of the material covered in this particular lab bears a good resemblence to things I've done in some other classes, and I'd encountered most of the more basic file and disk utilities shown for several years on my home systems even before then. While I don't have quite as much experience with LVM as with the other tools listed, I'm pretty confident with that toolset as well -- it's always good to review though. Most of my multi-disk setups at home revolve around the md raid system rather than LVM, and learning alternative/complimentary tools is always useful -- maybe next time one of the home servers gets rebuilt I'll layer LVM with md, just for fun.

No comments: